Post Secret

Filed under: by: Fat Girl

Today is Thought Thursday and I would like to talk about something I haven't mentioned before on this blog. For some (odd, strange, unexplainable) reason, it's been too difficult for me to discuss. Until now.

During my last doctor's appointment, I found out that I have PCOS.

Let me start by saying that I know there are worse things. And I know PCOS isn't the end of the world--and won't be once I get some critical things under control--but it was still difficult to hear.

See, I've lived most of my teen and young adult life "knowing" that there was something wrong.

I've never eaten much.
I've generally enjoyed exercise.
I drink lots of water.
I rarely binge eat.

And still, I've been the chunky one. I've tried fad diets. I've tried not eating at all. I've tried not caring. And now I find out--after years of feeling horrible about it--that I have PCOS.

75 percent of women with PCOS are overweight or obese.

There is hope.

Here's to the next 374,
(honest) Fat Girl

3 comments:

On October 1, 2009 at 10:32 PM , Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

Thanks for sharing :)

Glad to hear you've finally figured out a reason for your struggles. Now you can better plan for how to move forward!

 
On October 2, 2009 at 2:39 PM , Tina said...

I've often thought that I had it too but have never been diagnosed. I've practically begged my doctor to give me a positive thyroid result too hoping there was a reason for it! Glad you have an answer and thanks for being so honest!

 
On October 5, 2009 at 8:04 PM , Bella said...

Here's to losing weight despite this diagnosis. Two of my good friends have PCOS and their doctors told them that it's more difficult to lose weight, but that's not stopping either of them from doing it.

It must be a relief to know.

Good luck to you!