Cheers

Filed under: by: Fat Girl




















Last night I went to a professional baseball game to watch my favorite team play. And I went with my dad. I can't tell you how nice it was to be out with him--we don't do things, just the two of us, very often. He was really generous, and he kept offering to buy me hot chocolate or chips or hotdogs. But for the first time in my life, I was truly enjoying an event without the aid of salty, high-caloric, or super-sweet food.

I just enjoyed the event because I was with HIM. I kept focusing my energy on the game and who I was with...and...*gasp*...I didn't need anything else!

This morning when I stood on the scale, I saw that I am down 6.3 pounds since my journey began a little over two weeks ago. And I realized something:

I haven't spent my life focusing on the EVENTS. I have spent them obsessing about meals and calories and weigh-ins. And I am DONE with that.

Adios, event-hogging food.

So I kept the cup that I drank my water in last night--you know, the plastic cup that costs you 4 dollars and piles up in your cabinet right next to all of the other theme-park-related cups. I kept it so I can continue drinking water out of it in remembrance of what I have learned.

Here's to the next 375,
(healthy) Fat Girl

5 comments:

On September 30, 2009 at 12:31 PM , Anonymous said...

That's a huge breakthrough for you. Way to go. Being "in the moment" at an event is something I need to work on instead of obsessing about the food. Good for you!

 
On September 30, 2009 at 1:32 PM , MissyM said...

I've just got to stop obsessing in general. GOod for you! Now I want to read your older posts.

 
On October 1, 2009 at 3:19 PM , From Fat to Fit said...

Yes, cheers!

 
On October 5, 2009 at 8:01 PM , Bella said...

What a great revelation!

 
On October 17, 2009 at 5:35 PM , Sharilee said...

wonderful! what a wonderful change of mind!