Making a List, Checking It Twice

Filed under: , by: Fat Girl













Today I started a list in honor of "To-do List Tuesday." This list will contain all of my plans for after I lose these 100 pounds.

Item number one: Buy the clothes I like and not the ones that fit

This morning I stood at my closet, packed with clothes, and had to maneuver around the items I knew were too tight, too short, or too...blah. I hate that. I hate that the clothes in my closet don't even fit--let alone the clothes I'd like to wear.

So my first installment on the to-do list will be to buy and wear the clothes I like instead of the clothes I need.

Here's to the next 383,
(hopeful) Fat Girl

3 comments:

On September 22, 2009 at 10:58 AM , Gigi said...

I just had a closet "purge" and gave away anything that didn't fit or I hadn't worn in over a year - and it felt great!! I kept thinking that the thin clothes would fit again some day but seeing them every day was a nasty constant reminder of how far I had to go. This process is already hard enough without skinny clothes mocking me. I feel much happier opening the closet with less clothes - but ones that fit AND I like. I love your first installment - it's a great goal.

 
On September 22, 2009 at 11:03 AM , Anonymous said...

I completely know what you mean about your clothes closet. It feels like I am never happy with how my clothes look on me. I'm definitely looking forward to a time when I can grab something from my closet and be happy with how it looks on me.

 
On September 22, 2009 at 5:42 PM , Bella said...

So glad to have found your blog! I completely relate to your thoughts about clothes - I do have a sense of style, but I've often wondered how I'd dress if I could fit into anything I wanted. It's fun to think about, isn't it?