A Hard Road

Filed under: by: Fat Girl

85 minutes and 43 seconds.

I finally had a chance to sit down and watch Episode 1 of this season's Biggest Loser. And I have to say, I enjoyed it. It was motivational. Despite the yelling and "show drama," I like Jillian. She makes me want to crawl to the gym on my knees, (which, by the way, would take me 85 minutes and 43 seconds--and the gym is next door).

I, for one, would rather be yelled at/motivated to change than be sitting on the couch, headed in the wrong direction.

As always, I made a list. I love lists. This one is of key take-aways--things that were said that I could identify with or be challeged by:

1. It's all about second chances.
2. Don't ever say you can't do anything.
3. Now is the start of the new me.
4. I feel like someone has stolen my dream.
5. How can you take these tragedies and turn them into opportunities?
6. All you have to do is change your mind.
7. It's a choice. Make a different choice.
8. This is a mountain I've got to climb.
9. I am changing [my] health from the inside out.
10. You really can go beyond that point of pain.

Here's to the next 383,
(healthy) Fat Girl

3 comments:

On September 22, 2009 at 5:46 PM , Chibi said...

Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge!

Thank you for sharing your "notes" from the show -- I'm going to have to borrow them and read them over (and over and over... *wink*).

 
On September 22, 2009 at 7:06 PM , Erin said...

ready for episode two tonight?

i'm a list maker as well. i'm constantly running around with a notebook writing down lists and quotes and little thoughts that flit through my mind during the day.

 
On September 23, 2009 at 8:53 AM , Gigi said...

Love the list! I do that all the time except for chores and stuff I really don't care about. I like your list-making much better.