Freaky Friday

Filed under: by: Fat Girl

So. I've been avoiding my blog today like most people are avoiding the H1N1 Flu Virus. Why? I crashed last night. I totally crashed and burned. It was like someone else's spirit took over my body and began making choices without my consent. Like a really, really bad version of Freaky Friday.

And the worst part? I had a doctor's appointment today. You know--that horrible place where they make you stand on the squeaky scale and you watch in horror--with someone else watching over your shoulder--as the number climbs?

So all day I've been feeling guilty. I know that I packed on a pound since yesterday. And I've been working so hard...blah blah blah.

I go to the doctor's office, stand on the scale, and would you BELIEVE that I didn't even watch the number. I decided--what's the point? It's going to hurt even more...

...My doctor came in and congratulated me on losing 13 pounds since last time I was in her office one month ago. The problem? THERE'S NO WAY I LOST 13 POUNDS! I am a daily weigher. All gloves off, I admit it. I WEIGH EVERY DAY!

So I think the scale must have gone on the fritz. But I'll never know because my eyes were closed. And I wasn't about to ask her to rewind the scale scene.

So. Looks like I have 13 pounds to lose before going back to the doctor's office.

Here's to the next 380,
(honest) Fat Girl

4 comments:

On September 25, 2009 at 7:12 PM , Erin said...

binges suck, but don't let them take over. its over with, let yourself move on. don't feel guilty, instead look further and see what might have triggered it. that way you can see it coming the next time.

 
On September 25, 2009 at 8:18 PM , Fat Girl said...

THANK YOU!!! I needed those words--and I will take them to heart!

 
On September 25, 2009 at 9:06 PM , Erin said...

you are absolutely welcome doll. no one should have to take this journey alone. i believe in surrounding yourself with a strong support system and you can count on me for that if you need it :)

 
On September 25, 2009 at 10:20 PM , Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. I always get a chuckle every time I visit. I'm glad your Dr. appointment went well. If you ever find out where the 13 lbs. went let us know.