For Once in My Life

Filed under: by: Fat Girl












Yet another epiphany in this weight loss journey.

This afternoon I needed lunch delivered quickly so I could get back to work. I've got a lot going on, yada yada yada. So I picked up a taco salad--perfectly legitimate on my diet--except for that mind-blowing taco shell that's full of everything I need to stay away from.

I got back to my desk, ate the salad contents, and stared down at the empty flour shell with longing in my eyes. I'm stressed. I'm hungry. Stuffing myself full of carbs would have been a great treat. And then I realized something.

There was no way I would ever NOT want to eat the shell. I could tell myself about the carb content. I could warn myself that if I ate it, I would most certainly gain on the scale tomorrow. I could hate myself for even considering it...

OR. I could realize that one of the tricks to this weight loss game is mind over matter. I've spent 20+ years waiting to not want the taco shell. Maybe I'll always want it. But maybe I'll learn that I don't have to eat everything I want/crave/like/"need."


Here's to the next 388,
(healthy) Fat Girl

2 comments:

On September 18, 2009 at 10:54 AM , Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

HOLY CANOLI BATMAN!! You have totally grasped the entire concept of this healthiness journey! Mind over matter! That is the ENTIRE idea that will make or break your journey. Whenever temptation strikes, think those words over and over again. Mind over matter. It's a mind game, I swear!

LOVE THIS POST

 
On September 18, 2009 at 11:50 AM , Fat Girl said...

Awesome! Thanks for the post! :)