Feeling Good

Filed under: , by: Fat Girl













I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm glad it's Monday. Something about routine keeps me on the straight and narrow.

The next best thing? It's Magazine Monday. I've had a Prevention sitting on my desk since May--wrapped in one of those cute little plastic wrappers--and I finally decided today was the day I was tearing into it.

Here's what I learned:

1. Just six 30-second sprints 3 times per week--the equivalent of a few quick games of playground tag--can provide cardiovascular benefits that may be equivalent to jogging or cycling for 45 minutes several times weekly, according to Welsh researchers, (page 32).

2. 4 More Reasons to Lose Weight: fewer headaches, improved oral health, longer and deeper sleep, and brighter outlook, (page 52).

3. Stop Speed Eating: People who eat rapidly until they are full are 3 times more likely to be overweight than slow eaters, (page 54).

4. The Temptation Tipping Point: For some people, a small taste satisfies a craving, but researchers say that for others, it subconsciously clears the way to full-blown indulgence. If you're likely to have extra helpings of something sweet, steer clear of free samples at the supermarket and head directly for the produce aisle, (page 96).

Here's to the next 384,
(healthy) Fat Girl

0 comments: